Updated: Oct 1
Graduates seeking computer science careers can take advantage of this growing field. In today’s era, everything being digital is offering various lucrative careers in computer science. But apart from being a Software engineer and web developer, there are many best careers in computer science which are paid high. However, creativity is essential given rapid change within technology, and one should have the thirst for learning to keep up with the latest development.
So, let us consider these career paths for computer science graduates.
1. Game Designer: Enthusiastic careers in computer science which offer the opportunity to create a virtual world. Game design isn’t a new industry, it will likely continue to evolve. One with creative thinking can go for this to implement their imagination.
Skills/Languages Required: Knowledge of Gaming engines like Unreal Engine 4 (UE4), Innovative and creative thinking Mathematical and analytical skills.
2. AI and machine learning: You're able to think creatively and want to play a role in transforming the future economy; AI Researcher, & Data Scientist are the jobs for you. Machine learning enables an Artificial intelligence (AI) system to learn from data. Working in this domain means innovating the future for tomorrow.
Skills/Languages Required: Knowledge of Python, Java, and R coding languages.
3. Database Administrator: Companies are generating a large amount of data, So the demand for Data Analysts has increased. Apart from ensuring data security, a database analyst's role is to manage and analyze a company’s data using DBMS and RDBMS.
Skills/Languages Required: Knowledge of database queries, Data management tools, Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Good analytical skills
4. Information Security Analyst: The main role of an Information security analyst is to ensure the security of a company’s digital assets & network systems from cyber attacks. Security analysts also need strong problem-solving skills to investigate breaches, and causes, and modify or repair security systems.
Skills/Languages Required: Analytical and communication skills, Proficiency with network security tools, Aware of new technologies, Knowledge of OSI network models and TCP/IP, etc.
5. Computer Network Analyst: Computer network analysts evaluate the products and services in a building, city, country, or even globally available in the marketplace. They are responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading network systems.
Skills/Languages Required: Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, configuration, etc., Knowledge of Windows, Linux & operating systems, the configuration of routers and switches.
6. Bioinformatics: Combines mathematics, biology, and computer science to better understand biological data by analyzing facts and working with ideas.
Skills/Languages Required: Knowledge of Python, Perl, and R programming languages.
7. IT Project Manager: Problem-solving skills with a broad knowledge of technology and computer systems to analyze technical problems for their company or a client organization, and provide tips to enhance productivity.
Skills/Languages Required: Problem-solving skills, communication skills, Aware of new technologies.
8. UX Design: You have an interest in human behavior and want to use your creativity to gather and analyze data in a much more enjoyable way than UX Design is for you.
Skills/Languages Required: Knowledge of design and prototyping tools like Sketch and AdobeXD.
9. Internet of Things (loT): The internet of things (IoT) refers to this collection of devices and the technology used to connect the physical with the digital. If you’re obsessed with the latest gadgets, this might be the niche for you.
10. DevOps Engineer: Integrating the project functions, right from planning, building, testing, and deployment to support. The DevOps engineer’s responsibilities are multi-prong - they need to be agile enough to wear a technical hat and manage operations simultaneously.
Skills/Languages Required: Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs, knowledge of automation tools, CI/CD tools, etc.
Need more help? Our specialized mentors will be there to help you out.
For more information book your 1:1 session now