Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we study in English in Germany?
Yes, in Germany most public and all private universities offer a large number of English taught courses.
2. Is it mandatory to take IELTS or TOEFL?
Yes, a proof of language needs to be shown at the time of applying to a German university. However, some universities also accept an English 'Mode of Instruction' document from your university in India.
3. Do I need to know fluent German to live comfortably in Germany?
No, Germany is a global hub for expats and students that makes it a friendly place even if you don’t know fluent German. However, learning a language is never a bad idea.
4. When should I start the application process?
The application process should begin ideally 6 months prior to the deadlines.
5. How long is the stay back option in Germany after completion of studies?
18 months until you find a job or another study course.
6. How much investment do I need to study in Germany?
Since public universities in Germany are tuition free, cost of an education in Germany is considerably cheaper than any other country. Students can factor in the blocked account fee of 10,332€ as a part of their investment as well as their personal expenses.
7. Can I work part time as a student in Germany?
Yes, you’re allowed to work 120 full days or 240 single days as a student in Germany. Many German companies have student jobs help students support themselves.
8. How can I apply for a study programme of my choice in Germany?
Germanportals is dedicated to helping students apply to the programmes of their choice by helping you gather documents, curate your application and applying to the universities.
9. Does Germanportals only help with study applications?
No, we provide a complete package of services ranging from university shortlisting and applying to helping you find the right accommodation, insurance and bank partner.